RE: Ident lockup

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: RE: Ident lockup
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:12:44 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't fully process that your "RCS" file was a link.  Which DOS-based
operating system allows file links?  Is this some incarnation of Windows
NT(tm)? I only knew of file "shortcuts".

I tried looking for any specific checks for the file name "RCS" in Ident's
or RCS's source code, but nothing stuck out at me.

I used RCS installed on Debian GNU/Linux and I get a different message:

RCS:
ident error: RCS: Is a directory

but I couldn't even find where in Ident's source code this error was being
generated.

a bit obscure, but interesting.
/a