Re: Correcting keyword entries after ci

From: Colin Brough
Subject: Re: Correcting keyword entries after ci
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:15:25 +0000

> But when I check out Revision 1.2, the expansion for 1.1 does not
> reflect the correction but the expansion for 1.2 does.
>
> So the Log expansion looks like
>
> # $Log: test.py,v $
> # Revision 1.2  2004/01/23  16:20:50   fly
> # SR654321 Added a comment line
> #
> # Revision 1.1  2004/01/23   16:15:51   fly
> # SR123456 Initial Checkin
>
> Is there a way in RCS to get this to come out correctly?  I have
> tried editing the test.py,v file directly.  That seems to work, but
> I really don't want to do that.  Just doesn't seem like a good idea
> to me.

No, I don't think there is a way, because of the way $Log$ is
implemented. At 'co' when a $Log$ is found, it is expanded - but all
the text below is ignored. So, in other words, the whole log is not
created at each 'co' - only the most recent change. The text from
previous revisions then just becomes normal text in the file...

If you had some kind of definite pattern for the authorisation
strings, then surely a 'sed' type search and replace on the ,v file
would be fine?

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             address@hidden