Re: vc compare with last version differs from rcsdiff

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: vc compare with last version differs from rcsdiff
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:41:47 -0500 (EST)

This is more an Emacs question than RCS, and I know little about Emacs,
but I'd use:
``M-x debug-on-entry vc-diff''

then to find out how to use the Emacs debugger try:
 ``C-h b''

This is what I saw in a session:

* vc-do-command("*vc-diff*" 2 "rcsdiff" "/www/htdocs/Files/file.php"
WORKFILE nil "-q" "-r1.4" nil "-c")
vc-backend-diff("/www/htdocs/Files/file.php")

so it looks like you should make sure your rcsdiff can handle:

rcsdiff -q -c -r1.4 myprog.sh

otherwise, try the emacs list.  perhaps one of the vc-mode authors will
pipe in here though.
/a

--
     "Too much use of American power overseas causes the nation to look
      like 'the ugly American'." -- Gov. George W. Bush