Configure RCS failed

From: Alison Lee
Subject: Configure RCS failed
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:27:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I recently downloaded RCS 5.7 from the Purdue website
for UNIX and tried to install it on AIX 4.3.3.  During
installation, the configure script failed and
displayed the following output:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking diff basename... diff
checking for diff... /usr/bin/diff
checking diff success status... 0
checking diff failure status... 1
checking diff trouble status... 2
checking diff options for RCS... -n
checking diff -L... no
checking diff3 -m... no
checking diff3 library program... configure: error:
cannot find a working diff3 library program

I checked diff3 doesn't have the -m option, is that
why the script is failing? and what should I do in
this case?  I appreciate any feedback from you.

Thanks,
Alison