help-panorama

diamonds

From: Leopold Sloan
Subject: diamonds
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:15:33 +0800

Clemms room, like herself, was neat, glossy and extremely cold. Lady Jane stared, incredulous, and then followed the direction of hisdownward pointing hand. Two days later a wire from Stramer announced hisarrival. Gardeners all, they dashed towards the shrubin its sheltered angle.
She rose, and Stramer followed her without protest; the muniment-room wasreally untenable.
Lady Jane, facing the door, started slightly. The door opened, and the young woman said in her dull sing-song: Mr. Well, I wasnt going to be beaten; so I went to try to find thehead-gardener.
It used to be the parish church of Lynke-Linnet andLower-Lynke; but it seems that was years ago.
She moved over to the table above which he was bending.
Goergiana, her face hidden, was still sobbing convulsively in the corner. It seems that the chimney smokeshopelessly.
She sat in the garden looking up at those rosy walls, iridescent withdamp and age. Herhorrified gaze turned from Lady Jane to the stony face and fast-glazingpupils of the dead woman.
She herselfcould do a little cooking: though her hand might be a bit out. Yes; but hes lost the key of the muniment-room.
When she turned back to the desk there was no one there.
You dont mean to say you havent seenhim yet?
IICross-legged in the examining-chair in Doc Vickersons office, aboy was reading Grays Anatomy. Clemm crumpled up her black silk apron with a despairing gesture. Jones says that no one is allowed to visit the house.
Oh, yes, my lady; certainly; hes never once been away that I know of. Jonesprobably spend their evenings here, and dont want to be disturbed. Theres the bag, she said, as if the act of speaking, and sayingsomething obvious were a relief.