help-panorama

user-friendly

From: Jenny Cooley
Subject: user-friendly
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:12:25 -0700

But before I could start, a wire came saying, Adam shipped. I built a crate and furnished it with food and water.
She did not alarm him by opening the door or by calling out.
The women folks are crazyabout him, never allow him round the barns.
KiplingTHE DOGS and I were Sundaying on the garden lawn. It was comfortable to rest a hand on Punk, envying hisindifference to dark, cold, fear. The rich cousin bought the handsomest and highest-priced pup in thekennel.
It wastime I thought about rearing a young pair to carry on. Adam was known the country over as the wild dog. DecisionPUNK IN his prime was siring magnificent puppies, but I had tothink forward. In the middle of the night she had died,stopped living as a blown-out candle stops flaming. Shestood soberly beside her master paying no heed either to Bob or tous.
David and I were sitting on my garden bench talking.
It was queerfor I knew these rugs had been hanging on a line in the basement.
I had been impressed withthe hideousness of the name Gertie for a dog. The school house washalf-way between the two and, like them, was pinched between seaand forest. Flirt became one of the pillars of my kennel. Before I rightedmyself the man was gone, leaving the basement door open. His dog, Bob, was Loospup, well-mannered, handsome.
When the cows were stalled the man said Right,Lass!
Jerry was flying for the far end of the ring, leashswinging.
Hewas reluctant to stop racing and go with his mistress. Taking him to the far field Ichained him and chained Eve at his side for company. I was half afraid to ask the Missionary, What did he say?
In a jiffy he was but aspeck heading for the benches above Penticton. The women folks are crazyabout him, never allow him round the barns. The dogs came inquisitively to the fence.
Usband sayswhen we was changin shifts walkin son last night. Blue ribbon in right hand, red in left,he advanced.
Adam was romping with Eve and did not heed. Strong snuffing breaths weredrawn in silently, expelled loudly. KiplingTHE DOGS and I were Sundaying on the garden lawn. The kennel accepted Meg; Meg had no ears or eyes for any livingthing, beast or human, but me.
The paddle in his great arms rushed the canoe through thewaves.
I called the dogs back and everysoul of us drowsed out into the summer hum. His hand strayed to her head but he did not look at her.
He was most unattractive, a speckle-faced,slobbery, scowling infant.
He halted and looked back one second, then on, on, a mad terrifiedrush to get away from humans.
He senthis car and I went to his beautiful estate.