Re: Installing Octave via Home-brew on MacOS

From: oleg efimov
Subject: Re: Installing Octave via Home-brew on MacOS
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 18:00:03 +1300

Dear Kai,

This is very helpful information.

Thank you very much!

I would give it a go with MacPorts first since it is another path for Octave on
the macOS. I did try the brew doctor. That seams working just fine.

Thank you Kai.

I think Octave are okay and I have found Homebrew simply depend on the new
macOS changes. So linux would be very different with the same issue.

Thank you for your help. We will look into these recommendations.

I have never considered to try Octave installation with git and ruby
combination yet.

Two things I have tried so far is the app that looks amazing.

Although because there is another dependency that is already written for the
terminal environment …

It is best to have these amazing Octave installations made directly into the
core system via the Homebrew or MacPorts

So far we have only tried Homebrew and it was reflecting on macOS side with the
lock to the default directory Octave is after to be installed in.

GUI version is very nice. Although we are just running another open source
scripts that are dependent on the terminal command we would just have to have
Octave in its default directory to be installed on the system.

Thank you Kai. We will keep looking and try with MacPorts angle.

Have a good day.

Cheers, Oleg

--

"This communication is confidential and may contain privileged
and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient you must

*Please consider the environment before printing this
email.*