Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:57:39 -0400

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 12:54 PM Ian McCallion <ian.mccallion@gmail.com> wrote:
  • I have the same result. I have task manager and whatever the value of  OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS the execution time is the same and the cpu utilisation peaks at the same level so it would appear the environment variable is being ignored. I will investigate further as my system uses this, succesfully I believe!

seems Process Explorer is the windows tool of choice to verify if there is actually any difference, since of course windows doesn't come with that basic ability out of the box.
https://superuser.com/questions/462969/how-can-i-view-the-active-threads-of-a-running-program