Re: Octave Control package bug ?

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Octave Control package bug ?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:54:44 +0200

Am 24.09.20 um 19:38 schrieb Parameshwara Bhat:

> Here is the octave output of 'ver' ;
>
> " >> ver
> GNU Octave Version: 7.0.0 (hg id: f0414ee0fefe)
> GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
> Operating System: Linux 5.6.19-2-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 17 22:24:52
> UTC 2020 x86_64

Ah, here we go. As you can see this actually IS a build from the
development branch from Fri, 21 Aug 2020 08:36:47 -0400 (4 weeks ago)

https://hg.octave.org/octave/rev/f0414ee0fefe

Exactly what I guessed in my initial question. If you use unstable
builds from the development branch you should ALWAYS mention this and if
you do so it's also expected that you want to help with development and
that you are able to do some bugtracking on your own.

To solve your problem:
- Install a current stable release of GNU Octave anf the control toolbox
should work without problem.
- Stay on development branch and apply my last patch for the control
package. But always keep in mind that things may break from one day to
another.

-- Andy