Re: unable to show or get editor pane in octave gui (qt)

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: unable to show or get editor pane in octave gui (qt)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 19:53:42 +0900

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020, 11:40 PM Torsten Lilge <ttl-octave@mailbox.org> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-09-18 at 12:15 +0900, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:

> Agree to Torsten. In general there was no indication for an existing
> built-in editor. The gray out in the top window menu looks not good on
> macOS. Maybe this is why there was hope to open the editor even it not
> existed?!
>
> Kai

Do you think it would be better to hide the editor related menu entries
instead of hiding them?

Torsten

You mean instead of graying out?  I think it is not too hard to add qscintilla support once qt support is given to build the complete GUI, as this example shows.  In the now fixed case for macOS and Homebrew it would have been better.  But I hope it is fixed now and no action necessary 🙂

Kai