Re: Octave Control package bug ?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Octave Control package bug ?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:20:59 -0400

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 5:08 PM Parameshwara Bhat <peebhat@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, 6 September, 2020 12:14:12 PM IST you wrote:

On Sunday, 6 September 2020, Parameshwara Bhat <peebhat@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, 3 September, 2020 9:16:41 AM IST Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 10:01 PM Parameshwara Bhat <peebhat@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Your example with pzmap, bode, or nyquist works for me. What are the
> > > results of
> > >
> > >? ? ?pkg test control
> > >
> > > on your system?
> > >
> > > Torsten
> > >
> > I am attaching the log file fntest.log.
> >
> > There are failures. This package was installed from Manjaro repository
> > (AUR built).
> >
> > What options to correct ?
> >
> > Parameshwara.
> >

> To help us debug this try
> which? ?__zero__
> and show us the results.

'which? _zero_'? outputs nothing, as below.
? ? ?*?

? ? ?*? ">> pkg load control
? ? ?*? >> which _zero_
? ? ?*? >> pkg unload control
? ? ?*? >> which _zero_
? ? ?*? >>"

Parameshwara.

Try again but this time with TWO underscores each side of the zero:

?__zero__

Cheers... Ian

I  tried with "__zero__" (with two underscores either side)

No  output. Silent return to command line.

Parameshwara.

I just want you to understand that we can't reproduce your problem, so it is going to be hard for us to find the problem.
Do you have another computer that you can try using octave on?
The problem must be something local to your setup. Many millions of users have used the control pkg. without this problem.

--
DASCertificate for 206392