Re: Documentation for OctaveGUI

From: N
Subject: Re: Documentation for OctaveGUI
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 00:31:12 +0200

> Hi all;
>
> My first post. I can't seem to find a comprehensive coverage of the use
> of the OctaveGUI. Most of the documentation seems to be more focused on
> the command line. Command line may be more efficient but is not the best
> for the occasional user.Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> Gary R.

There no buttons for commands available on command line and probably little
use. GUI add file dialog, variables are listed, visible command history and a
debug menu.

Have seen a few graphical programming environments and in such functions could
be represented with blocks with arrow between them but for me it does not
matter to much and are actually not certain it is always better.

There is something called OpenDX and they use graphical programming but it is
only for visualization so it is possible.