Re: Save Plot in Excel

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Save Plot in Excel
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 15:42:48 -0400

On 7/4/20 3:36 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> Anh Quân Trần Hùng wrote
>> Dear administrators of octave,
>> I have a question about output data of octave. I want to export plot
>> images
>> from octave to Microsoft Excel but I haven't found a function to help me.
>>
>> Is there any way for me to do that?
>
> [...]
>
> An intermediate way is to use one of the Java-based interfaces. From those,
> Apache POI is probably the best choice. The Javadocs are online. I'm sure
> you can find examples on how to get together what you want.

I've written a Matlab binding layer on top of Apache POI to make it
easier to produce Excel spreadsheets with complex formatting in Matlab:

https://github.com/apjanke/janklab
https://github.com/apjanke/janklab/tree/master/Mcode/classes/%2Bjl/%2Boffice/%2Bexcel
https://github.com/apjanke/janklab/blob/master/doc/UserGuide-OfficeIO.md

Wouldn't be _too_ hard to port it to Octave.

Cheers,
Andrew