Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Question about Nonlinear Programming
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:09:28 +0200

> I have GNU Octave version 4.2.0--which I only use occasionally.  I am
> interested in trying Octave's Nonlinear Programming function/routine on a
> problem I have partially solved with the Fletcher-Powell algorithm.  I notice
> the description of the NL routine in version 4.2.0 seems to be the same as in
> later versions.  Is there any difference in the sequential quadratic
> programming routine in later versions of GNU Octave?

Hi Bill,

I assume you are talking about sqp. This function needs some love, as
it has several failures that have not been solved for a long time.
If you can make your problems specific, we (even better, you!) could
fill another bug report on the functions. They will be eventually
fixed, sqp is a really important part of nonlinear optimization.