Re: Replacement for the function containers.Map()

From: Ganesh Kini
Subject: Re: Replacement for the function containers.Map()
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:10:43 +0200

so if the "old" version of Octave you want to support is not too old (it must support packages and handle classes)
you may just instruct your user to save the directory +containers somewhere in their path and they should then be
able to use it.
How do i do that ? Could you please elaborate ?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Carlo De Falco <carlo.defalco@polimi.it> wrote:

> Il giorno 10 giu 2020, alle ore 17:40, Andrew Janke <floss@apjanke.net> ha scritto:
>
> I stand corrected! Sorry, if containers.Map is already in newer Octaves, I won't be writing an implementation just for the old versions.

On the other hand, it looks like the implementation of the containers.Map class is m-file only :

  https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/f5c9bb5955e7/scripts/%2Bcontainers

so if the "old" version of Octave you want to support is not too old (it must support packages and handle classes)
you may just instruct your user to save the directory +containers somewhere in their path and they should then be
able to use it.

c.