Re: Replacement for the function containers.Map()

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Replacement for the function containers.Map()
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:40:26 -0400

On 6/10/20 10:39 AM, Ganesh Kini wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2020, 4:26 PM Andrew Janke <floss@apjanke.net <mailto:floss@apjanke.net>> wrote:

    On 6/10/20 5:17 AM, Ganesh Kini wrote:
     > Hi all
     > I hope you are doing good.
     > I was doing some project, I found out a function called
    containers.Map
     > () and it works fine according to the logic.
     > I wanted to know if there is an alternative to that function?
     > The version of the Matlab that I am using does not support this
     > function. Could you please help me out?

    I don't think there's anything in Octave that supports containers.Map
    now. But if you
    put in a feature request on the Tablicious issue tracker, I'll get it
    implemented in a few days.

    https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious/issues

    Cheers,
    Andrew

> Containers.map(keys, values) works in octave new version. But since I am
> working for someone the octave version over there doesn't support this
> function.
> I will explain the problem here
> keys = {"ac","bc","cc"}; values = {"t_post","u_post","v_post" };
> M = containers.Map(keys, values);
> I have a functionality where I get the value of the key and when I pass it
> Value = M(keys);
>
> the output will look like t_post = M(ac), similarly 2nd index of keys
> should point to the 2nd index of Values and so on.
> for example
>   for ac - output should be t_post
>   bc - it should be u_post
> cc - it should be v_post

(please "bottom post" on this list)

I stand corrected! Sorry, if containers.Map is already in newer Octaves, I won't be writing an implementation just for the old versions.

Cheers,
Andrew