Re: Why editor freeze

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Why editor freeze
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:02:57 +0100

On Tuesday, 14 April 2020, Michel STCHAKOVSKY <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear,

I’m a complete beginner with octave and work from home without support these days for the reasons you can understand.

My problem is  : my command window gets often frozen when I enter a simple declaration such as b=[5;6;7]. It’s illustrated in the following image where you’ll see my octave version number, running under W10.

This might be a codepage problem. I had  similar problem when pasting text from another application into octave. The text looked ok in the octave window but octave froze and needed to be restarted, yet typing the same (looking) text directly worked.

Cheers... Ian