Re: Multiple case function error

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Multiple case function error
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 16:43:53 -0400

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 1:31 PM harish3679 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use multiple cases for a math operation using case{..,..} as
per octave reference. But unfortunately I am getting an error
'enter a value: d
enter cross value: h
error: 'xxpos' undefined near line 24 column 13
error: called from
    crossminmax at line 22 column 1'

I've had some trouble even trying to recreate your error.

1 - did you define some values for d, etc, outside of what you showed? because if I run your script from a clean workspace i get:

enter a value: d
error: 'd' undefined near line 1 column 1
error: called from
    casetest at line 3 column 3

i notice some other things.  You use cross as a variable name, but it is the name of a function for performing a vector cross product.  so if the first switch doesn't set a value to overwrite the meaning of cross, you get an error calling the switch(cross) line.

do you mean for your switch(y) block to match the letter input d or g?  in that case you need it to be defined as a character with quotation marks,  'd', or "d".  Of course, then it's not clear what values will be going into xpos or xxpos.

look at the help for switch with:  >> help switch