Re: Octave unable to find python when using symbolic toolbox

From: Vikram Garg
Subject: Re: Octave unable to find python when using symbolic toolbox
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 17:26:04 -0600

Unfortunately, I still get the same error message, and on running sympref diagnose:

Attempting to run /usr/bin/python3.6 -c "print(\"Python says hello\")"

sh: /usr/bin/python3.6: No such file or directory
status =  127
output =

Thanks.
Vikram Garg

vikramvgarg.github.io/

On 2020-02-25 11:02 p.m., Vikram Garg wrote:
> I tried adding /usr/bin (where python3.6 is located) the path, but that
> hasnt helped:
> /octave:18> path
> Octave's search path contains the following directories:
>
> .
> /usr/bin

This won't help b/c that is the path Octave uses to look for m files.

Try:

setenv PYTHON /usr/bin/python3.6

(from the Octave prompt.)

Colin