Re: XLSread issue: works in command window but not form m file

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: XLSread issue: works in command window but not form m file
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 06:05:52 -0600 (CST)

Please reply below the text, not top posting please.

See below

Harm Ubbens wrote
> Dear Dmitri,
>
> Thank you for your reply on my issue. I have changed all the generic names
> but still encounter the same problem: I can load the excel file from the
> command window but not from an m-file with the same commands.
> When I did run the m-file the 'current directory changes' and then it does
> not work properly anymore. Whenever I launch the m-file from the current
> start-up directory (C:\Users\harm_) it does work. So changing current
> directory gives the error.
> <snip>

You can load the m-file in the editor, add a breakpoint and step through it.
[*]
When at the line of a function call, click the "Step in..." button rather
than the "Next" button.
That way you can follow what the variable "filename" morphs into. I'm
curious why it would be 268 characters long.

Philip

[*] Maybe debug-stepping through a script doesn't work in 5.1.0. In that
case, make it into a function.