Re: Octave should create a forum

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 07:37:39 +0100

Am 30.12.2019 um 22:27 schrieb Nicholas Jankowski:
On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 14:35 GoSim <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    A real forum, not like nabble which is more like a backup for a
    mailing list
    and with a horrible user interface. I think it would be good for your
    community and would increase activity with more questions and
    answers and
    info in general.

    There are free forums for example. It wouldn't work without dev
    support as
    moderators.

    There are free forums where you can just register and easily create
    a forum
    online, I can do that if there is support. See it as a start, if
    there is
    interest and activity an independent forum can be created.

    A good example is FreeCAD which has an excellent forum with a lot of
    active
    members. It really elevates the whole thing.

It is worth pointing out that this is a mailing list, not a forum. Nabble is not the host of this mailing list, it merely archives it and provides a user interface for those not wanting to use email to interact with the group. It even tells you when you post that it is just mailing the list on your behalf.  I.e., my list interface is gmail. The list is hosted at lists.gnu.org <http://lists.gnu.org> (see