Possible extension/fix to the linear-algebra funm function

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Possible extension/fix to the linear-algebra funm function
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:19:49 +0000

Hi,
        when using funm from linear-algebra I have noticed a small
incompatibility with the corresponding matlab function.

        funm does not accept as argument the functions "exp", "log" and
"sqrt". The reason for that is described in the function's documentation:

## Note that you should not use funm for 'sqrt', 'log' or 'exp'; instead
## use sqrtm, logm and expm as these are more robust.

Yet reading the code this seems to be an outdated comment because if we add
them to the set of supported functions then funm will delegate the evaluation
to the thfm function that supports them (by calling the corresponding sqrtm,
logm and expm functions).

So, at least for compatibility, I suggest to add those three functions to the
set of supported function since funm already does the right thing and thus I
also suggest to remove that comment from the documentation.

I send an attached patch with the proposed trivial changes.

What do you think?

Regards,
--
José Matos