Re: pade function in Octave?

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: pade function in Octave?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 15:09:08 -0400

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 1:57 PM vivek guajri <address@hidden> wrote:
In the plot you can see that there are some negative slopes in the fit
function. How do I make it non-decreasing?

Hi Vivek,

There is no standard way to do this, and I can't see any straight forward way to do so, even if you set this up as a kind of constrained optimization, for example even if you were fitting a 3rd degree polynomial ax^3 + bx^2 + cx^1 + dx^0

Then you could put a constraint that the first derivative is positive or zero:
3ax^2 + 2bx^1 + cx^0  >= 0

But this would still only be a constraint at the values for x in your data set, and not for all positive(?) values for x that you seem to want it for.

Hope this helps,

James Sherman Jr.