Re: Octave flatpak not lauching - Linux Mint 19.2

From: Eduardo Mapurunga
Subject: Re: Octave flatpak not lauching - Linux Mint 19.2
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 00:04:29 -0500 (CDT)

>Thank you for your detailed answer.  I have a sneaking suspicion.  In
>your previous mail you listed the error:

>Eduardo Mapurunga wrote:
>>> When I run with sudo
>>>
>>> $ sudo flatpak run org.octave.Ocatve
>>>
>>> error: app/org.octave.Ocatve/x86_64/master not installed

>But you are installing:

>>> org.octave.Octave/x86_64/stable from flathub

>Maybe try "flatpak run --branch=stable org.octave.Octave"?

This option only worked when summoned with sudo. However, it did not open
the graphical interface, only command line octave. When invoked without
sudo, the same error occured:

$flatpak run --branch=stable org.octave.Octave
ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file
/run/ld-so-cache-dir/b5e9492c806c540a564b49a202dfca5af252935f7f736d47519d5c6968526faf~:
Permission denied
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256

sudo flatpak run --branch=stable org.octave.Octave
[sudo] password for edumapurunga:
GNU Octave, version 5.1.0
Copyright (C) 2019 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at https://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit https://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read https://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.

octave:1>

>Otherwise, I also read about silent errors that make you seem to have
i>nstalled all correctly, but actually it is not:

>  https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/2839

>That issue involves installing using the "--noninteractive" flag, which
>does not seem to be used by you.

Well, do you think it is worth installing with -v option? so it could give
us more information. It's strange, but at least the command line it is
working now, which may be a good sign for a correct installation process. I
don't know, could you give me more directions about this?