Re: OptimOptions not implemented in Octave Error

From: Farzad Torabi
Subject: Re: OptimOptions not implemented in Octave Error
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 23:51:52 +0200

Understood.

So are developing the other functions like iter, jacobian, etc under optim set in plan?

Il mer 23 ott 2019, 22:54 "Markus Mützel" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Am 23. Oktober 2019 um 21:28 Uhr schrieb "Farzad Torabi":
> Olaf

> Why would you call importing all the matlab functionality overloading it?
>
> Shall you say why it would be unnecessary?

I don't think Olaf believes that adding new functions to the optim package would put a burden on the package.
We were merely talking about the concept of overloading functions, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Function_overloading

Markus