How can I get an angstrom symbol in Octave?

From: Brett Green
Subject: How can I get an angstrom symbol in Octave?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 20:39:02 -0400

The title says it all. I've tried copying and pasting the character (the obvious attempt) with no success, and have read several solutions using TeX interpreters such as this but those don't seem to work for me. Looking at the documentation < https://octave.org/doc/interpreter/Use-of-the-interpreter-Property.html#XREFinterpreterusage > I can't even get the degree symbol to show up - trying both of the following

>> title("\deg","interpreter","tex")
>> title("$\deg$","interpreter","tex")

just gives me titles of "deg" and "$deg$", respectively. I'm running 5.1.0 on Windows 10.

- Brett Green