Re: Octave-Arduino- Slow Velocity Stepper Motor

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Octave-Arduino- Slow Velocity Stepper Motor
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:51:20 -0400

On 9/5/19 2:38 PM, Vicent wrote:
I forgot to say before that without the pause instruction the result was
almost the same. I got 10 seconds for a complete turn.

Use the tic/toc technique to time writeDigitalPin()--you will probably find that it's slower than you think.

It is well known than stepping pulse train in software is not a good idea---you need speed AND regularity in the timing sequence, or else the motor will run slowly and unreliably.

As the others have said, redesign your system so that Octave calculates the high-level parameters like the total number of steps, and send it to a hardware step generator or at least a real-timish software step generator.