Re: Problems with reading csv (textscan)

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problems with reading csv (textscan)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:33:59 -0400

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:46 AM basic_coding <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello there

I'm trying to read my measurement data on Octave in order to further analyze
them. My measurment device has large files like the one in the following
link as output:

Messungen1.csv
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373453/Messungen1.csv

I got some problems with importing the variables. I used the following lines
of code:

It seemed to extract only the first line and most of the columns were empty.

If I try to write a shorter file similar to the one linked, I can read the
data with the following code:

This works for example for a file like this:

So the simple one works fine. Do you have an idea how I can read the large
file as well?

Best regards and thanks in advance

Kevin

much of your code did not come through to the mailing list. Follow this Nabble archive link at the end to see what it looks like to everyone else).
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Please just copy/paste the code as plain text and resend to the list so we can see what you've tried and what output you're getting.

looking at your csv, I tried to do a textscan as a combination of strings and floats. I'm a ran into trouble getting the format string to handle the multiple spaces and semicolons, but I'm not overly familiar with formatted string parsing.