Re: Problems in octave 5.1.0 in the function plot

From: arkkimede
Subject: Re: Problems in octave 5.1.0 in the function plot
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 08:10:05 +0200

Dear Dimitri,
if your setting seams to solve the problem in 2D (the function sin is plotted in continuous way, there are in any case some problems in 3D.
You can see an example of a conical cat in the pictures a these links:
https://ibb.co/TvGVGqJ
https://ibb.co/7Gf4X86
You can see that the red lines stops in the meddle of the picture, also rotating theĀ  the axes.
In any case thank you for your support.
Best regards.

Il giorno gio 30 mag 2019 alle ore 19:39 Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 11:03 AM arkkimede <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
> Few days ago I found the instruction for the installation of Octave 5.1.0 on ubuntu 18.04.
> This link report the instructions that I'v used: https://www.math.univ-paris13.fr/~cuvelier/Octave/Ubuntu_18-04LTS.html#x37-75000.9.1
> Now I'm octave running on my linux box Ubuntu 18.04.
> But I have a problem.
> Considering this minimal code:
> %--------start
>
> #!/usr/bin/octave -qf
>
> D2R = pi/180.;
>
> ang_d=0:1:360;
> ang_r=ang_d*D2R;
>
> h=figure;
>
> plot(ang_d, sin(ang_r));
>
> refresh;
>
> waitfor(h)
>
> %--------stop
>
> If I plot the sine function the line is interrupted.
>
> The same if I use the octave GUI how reported in this screenshot:
> https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/6600/oCseaa.png
>
> Please could you help me?
>
> PS: I used octave 5.1.0 in Windows and this issu does not present
> PS2 I tried also changing graphics_toolkit without results

I am pretty sure this is the problem with your graphics card opengl driver.
If you are using mesa (i.e. no the proprietary nvidia driver) try to set
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE =1 before starting octave.

Regards,
Dmitri.