Re: Image acquisition package

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Image acquisition package
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 08:55:39 +0200

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 2:55 AM saikat chakraborty
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I am a student and I am  trying to download  the  image acquisition  package
> but everytime  I  get a
> error message : after  writing the command  "pkg install -forge
> image-acquisition" I get this
>  error:
> configure: error: unable to find the v4l2_open() function
> configure: loading site script /usr/local/etc/config.site
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
> checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.exe
> checking for suffix of executables... .exe
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking for mkoctfile... yes
> checking for fltk-config... /c/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/fltk-config
> checking for v4l2_open in -lv4l2... no
>
> pkg: error running the configure script for image-acquisition.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 82 column 9
>     install at line 184 column 7
>     pkg at line 441 column 9
>

> please  help

I assume you are trying to install that package on a MS Windows PC
running Octave?

Please mind the notice hidden in the wiki
https://wiki.octave.org/Image_acquisition_package

   "image-acquisition will not work on Windows as far as there is not
port of v4l2 (standing for Video for Linux 2)"

Best regards,
Kai