Re: Read-only file system error when installing a package

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Read-only file system error when installing a package
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 19:00:17 +0200

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 1:20 AM Steven Evans <address@hidden> wrote:
     [snip]  I then tried to install the parallel package,
which gave me the error in the attached text file.
     I'm not sure whether any of that is related to this error message
about 'make' not running correctly, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to
let you know.
     Thanks again for your help on how to get beyond my "read-only"
issue.  Could this new issue be related to the global install that you
mentioned earlier?

Thanks for your time and patience,

Steven

Dear Steven,

I do face those very same errors.  The package maintainer Olaf mentioned about one month ago [1], that the parallel package "needs a general overhaul" to work with Octave 5.1.0.  Maybe you can follow Olafs work in the development repository [2].

Best regards,
Kai

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2019-04/msg00136.html
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/parallel/ci/default/tree/