Re: Octave filter design tool

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave filter design tool
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:14:34 -0400

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019, 12:08 PM spring19981 <address@hidden> wrote:
It is easy to start the filter design tool from the gnu radio companion. If I
use octave without gnu radio companion, how should I start the filter design
tool from GUI (or Octave command window)?

I could be wrong but I though gnu radio companion used Python for underlying calculations, not octave

In MATLAB command window, I can simply type "fitlerDesigner" to bring up the
filter design GUI. Is there a similar way to do it in Octave command window?

I do not believe Octave has a graphical filter design tool implemented. The signal package does have a good number of compatible filter design functions implemented that likely run underneath that GUI.  See
https://octave.sourceforge.io/signal/index.html