Re: Impossible to install pkg struct above ver. 1.0.12 into Octave 5.1.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Impossible to install pkg struct above ver. 1.0.12 into Octave 5.1.0 Win x64 binary
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 04:30:19 -0500

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:01 AM Bentley, Brendon
<address@hidden> wrote:

> No, there was no struct v1.0.15 installed on the x64 Win binary which I
> grabbed.  I know this because I require the function "jacobs" which is part
> of the package "optim".  WHen I attempted to install pkg optim Octave
> complained about optim's dependencies on pkgs statistics and struct v 1.0.12
> (or higher, i suppose).  I proceeded to install pkg statistics, but I am
> unable to install pkg optim because of the issue that I requested assistance
> with.  Please will you assist me with getting pkg optim working?  What can I
> do to make it work?
>
> Best regards,
> Brendon

Please see the following page:
https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

The windows versions come with those listed packages already
installed.  If you followed the install instructions, 'pkg list'
should show you what's there.  Before you can use a package function,
you must load the package. E.g., 'load struct'.   If you used the zip
or 7z archive 'installer', you need to point the program to the
packages first with a 'pkg rebuild'.  Your attempted overinstall of
the package that was already sitting there is likely what caused the
errors.