the problem of symbolic package

From: Hwang
Subject: the problem of symbolic package
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 19:05:28 +0900

Dear Sir/madame,

Hi. I would like to get your kind support for the package of symbolic.

As it mentioned, I did follow the directions: after downloading symbolic for windows,

at octave prompt,

pkg install -forge symbolic

pkg load symbolic

However it does not work at all.

I ran a program using symbolic function and it did not work at all.

and I tried to execute the command like this way,

>> syms a b c d
warning: the 'syms' function belongs to the symbolic package from Octave Forge
which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the package, run 'pkg
load symbolic' from the Octave prompt.

>> RBC1

ssCKoLY =

    1.73134   18.81824
    0.87788    2.20180

warning: the 'syms' function belongs to the symbolic package from Octave Forge
which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the package, run 'pkg
load symbolic' from the Octave prompt.

Please read <https://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'syms' undefined near line 46 column 8
error: called from
    RBC1 at line 46 column 8

-------

Well, I did it run 'pkg load symbolic'  the again and again  but never works at all.

I don't know how can I solve this problem.

I have to teach octave for students and I need to know how to run symbolic safely.

Could you kindly help me this matter?

Thank you very much!

Insang

Insang Hwang, Phd. in Economics