Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 12:27:16 -0500

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:
> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

"I don't know if it is a bug or not" - forget about 'pkg.m' for a while.

A good point.  a different line of thought might be - how do current package managers that can handle presence of multiple installed versions handle a general "update all" request?   I think users would generally expect a blanket 'pkg update' like function. Does python's pip allow it? what about OS package managers?