Re: How to draw an ellipse using Octave

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: How to draw an ellipse using Octave
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 09:54:14 -0500

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM Alphonce Owayo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to draw an ellipse using Octave I looked for some help online, but all this could do is to draw the equal axis and no ellipse. I am new to Octave however I think its much simpler and user friendly compared to say  Matlab. I believe may be there is some error in the coding. Also how would I change in case I don't want equal axes. I use 4.4.1 (GUI).

 # Draw an ellipse centered in [50 50], with semi major axis length of
  # 40, semi minor axis length of 20, and rotated by 30 degrees.
    figure(1); clf; hold on;
    drawEllipse([0.3 0.2 0.4 0.3 28]);
    axis equal;
Thanks