Re: Aviread not reading frames correctly from video, repeates key frames

From: pecenastruca
Subject: Re: Aviread not reading frames correctly from video, repeates key frames
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 06:00:03 -0600 (CST)

I have tested again in a virtualized enviroment, running Xubuntu 18.04,
installed all the libav* dependencies, they are of version  7:3.4.4-1 from
the ubuntu 18.04 repository. The Octave version installed is also from the
ubuntu repository, which is version 4.2.2
For reference: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/video/ffmpeg

I then installed the video package from forge by running "pkg install -forge
video".

With the current install, the frames were still repeated, but the video was
read.

Next I removed the video package from the official repo (forge), cloned it
from here https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/video/ci/default/tree/ , built it
and installed it with "make install". It installed without problems, except
for the unsigned comparison, but that I got before too. I then ran my code
to read the video file and it failed at frame 40.

AVHandler: Error decoding video stream
error: aviread: cannot read frame 40
error: called from
    atest at line 11 column 7

If you look at the video and how the frames change, the next repeated frame
appears at number 40, which I am guessing is the next keyframe. picture:
https://i.imgur.com/1hVdNms.png