Re: Subplots not drawing correctly.

From: withaar
Subject: Re: Subplots not drawing correctly.
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:34:10 -0700

Thanks! That helped. It seems to be a bug (that might not be a bug) with an easy work around.

For the first subplot you place "hold on" before plotting anything. This creates axes without a "box" (the top and right lines missing).

Fix: move the "hold on" command to after the first plot command. Attached is the corrected example.

Alternative: after subplot(221) add:

  set(gca, 'box', 'on')

Explanation: When you issue "hold on" without any plot an axis is first created (axis command). This default axis does not have the box attribute set to on.

Willem