Invalid value for array property "cdata"

From: Joseph Malkoun
Subject: Invalid value for array property "cdata"
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 15:55:07 +0300

Hi all,

Here is an issue I am facing, using the Homebrew installed version of octave 4.4.1_1, installed using

brew install octave --with-qt

When I input the following in Octave,

myimage=imread('floppy.png')
myfigure = figure()
myuicontrol = uicontrol("parent",myfigure,"cdata",myimage,"style","pushbutton")

I get the following error message:

error: invalid value for array property "cdata"
error: __go_uicontrol__: unable to create graphics handle
error: called from
    uicontrol at line 109 column 8

I have seen a similar error message in the reported bugs, namely in

but the situation is not the same, and the solution does not apply.

Perhaps, I am not using the uicontrol command properly. What should the cdata input be?

I am running MacOS High Sierra. I am attaching the floppy.png file too, in case someone would like to test.