Re: When Octave 4.4.0 available with a Linux

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: When Octave 4.4.0 available with a Linux
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 11:27:51 -0500 (CDT)

Leloup wrote
> Bonjour,
>
>           I use Octave 4.0.0 for my Linux. The Octave 4.4.0 is available
> for
> Windows and the question I have when Octave 4.4.0 is available with a
> Linux?
>
> Regards,
>
> Leloup
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

It mostly depends on what distribution of linux you use. If your
distribution only provides Octave 4.0 then you have a few solution:
* Install  a more recent linux distro. For example Debian Stretch, Ubuntu
18.04, Mint 19, ... have Octave 4.2 which is much more recent that 4.0
* If your distribution supports Flatpack then use that to install the most
recent released version of Octave (4.4.1) : https://flatpak.org/setup/
* Build from source. See https://wiki.octave.org/Building

Pantxo