Fonts in GNU/Octave-GUI

From: jefgeni
Subject: Fonts in GNU/Octave-GUI
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 11:57:30 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am running Octave 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS, and most of the times I use Octave only within GNOME Terminal.
However, these days I have to work on somewhat bigger computation problems; thus, prompting me to use the GUI
more often. I do not mind using the GUI but I really miss the fonts that I am used to. Going to 'Edit/Preferences...'
allows the user only to choose among the following fonts: Andale Mono, Courier, Courier 10 Pitch, Courier New,
DejaVu Sans Mono, Free Mono, Liberation Mono, Monospace, Tlwg Mono, Tlwg Typo, and Ubuntu Mono.
However, I have so many more fonts installed on my system which I prefer using. How could I make my favorite fonts
available to the GUI?

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jefgeni