Octave command window showing unreadable text

From: Kire Gasteovski
Subject: Octave command window showing unreadable text
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:06:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am Ubuntu user and installed Octave. When I start Octave, on the command window I see this:
Inline image

However, after I run some commands, I can see they are in history and they do execute. I can see the text if I copy-paste it somewhere.

How can I make the command window text visible?

Link from the question: Octave command window showing unreadable text

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.