Re[2]: Fltk toolkit: how to force *non*-anti-aliased operation

From: h6mgos8bn6fb
Subject: Re[2]: Fltk toolkit: how to force *non*-anti-aliased operation
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:09:52 +0300

Thank you for the graphicssmoothing clarification! That's cleared (though I
didn't try myself).

As to garbled glyphs.

Here's the output of octave for those lines:
>> set(0,'defaultaxesfontname','terminus');
>> set(0,'defaultaxesfontsize',16);
>> set(0,'defaulttextfontname','terminus');
>> set(0,'defaulttextfontsize',16);
>> plot(1:2);
warning: ft_render: unable to set font size to 10
warning: called from
    newplot at line 199 column 11
    plot at line 221 column 9
warning: ft_render: unable to set font size to 10
warning: ft_render: unable to set font size to 10
warning: ft_render: unable to set font size to 10
warning: ft_render: unable to set font size to 10
>> title(['wfevew']);

Octave (old, 4.0.3) tries to set size to 10, independently of my size request,
12, or 16. In xfontsel this size, 10, is not offered.

As to other fonts. I can't understand how to properly search (what program and
keyword to use) for non-AA fonts. "apt-cache show xfonts-terminus" doesn't show
any keywords. "xfontsel" shows "clean" font (fixed-width; by zooming a
screenshot, I verified it to be non-AA-ed), but in octave I get variable-width,
AA-ed font instead (and no warnings). My "Terminator" terminal doesn't offer
this "clean" font. (so, may be this is why I get garbled glyphs -- font just is
not recognized by octave)

Could someone tell me please -- how to search for non-AA fonts for use with
(fltk) Octave?

As an offtop, I noticed fltk uses *color* anti-aliasing in the user-interface.
Something that (imho) should never be. Zoomed:
http://img12.lostpic.net/2018/02/20/84db67fa61d53eeb9a92fdce014dfdd7.png
(although, I'd never noticed it without zooming, so practically speaking --
looks fine)