Re: Octave for Slacko Puppy 6.3.2

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave for Slacko Puppy 6.3.2
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 14:42:15 -0700

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 14:29:05 -0500, P V wrote:
> Thanks Mike for the quick response. I believe Slacko Puppy is based on
> Slackware (I could be wrong). I followed the second link and downloaded the
> slackbuild. I am running into trouble as it is throwing and error about
> missing dir or file. I haven't done this before.

If it's based on Slackware, then as far as I can tell that's the right
way to go, although I've never used Slackware.

If this doesn't work and you feel out of your depth trying to figure out
how to install Octave from source, you might want to consider another
GNU/Linux distribution. It's the purpose of the distribution to supply
all of the software that you need in an easy-to-use package manager.

Good luck,

--
mike