Re: Job Processing

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Job Processing
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:54:59 +0000

> On 28 Aug 2017, at 22:17, Thomas D. Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> In sh,
>
>  do_first &
>  so_some_other_things_while_do_first_is_running
>  wait
>
> The wait blocks until do_first completes.
>
> Is it possible to do this in octave?  I don't need to interact with
> 'do_first' or get any results from it.  I just need to do some I/O while
> 'do_first' is running.
>
> Tom Dean

hhhmmm ...
AFAIK there is no way to do that directly, but I think you could
emulate that behaviour to some extent with parcellfun, e.g.:

c = address@hidden, @so_some_other_things_while_do_first_is_running};
a = {{args_to_do_first},
{args_to_so_some_other_things_while_do_first_is_running}};

parcellfun (2, @(c, a) feval (c, a{:}), c, a)

HTH,
c.