Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?

From: david
Subject: Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:41:27 -0700 (PDT)

I did those two apt-get commands you suggested, Mike.

# apt-get install libblas3 liblapack3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libblas3 is already the newest version.
libblas3 set to manually installed.
liblapack3 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 41 not upgraded.
# apt-get purge libatlas3-base libopenblas-base
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'libatlas3-base' is not installed, so not removed
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libopenblas-base*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 41 not upgraded.
After this operation, 19.6 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libmo-system-xml4.0-cil'
missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
(Reading database ... 229993 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libopenblas-base (0.1.1-6+deb7u3) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/libblas/libblas.so.3 to provide
/usr/lib/libblas.so.3 (libblas.so.3) in auto mode

Does this agree with what you expected ?

I re-ran my test program
octave:1> x=1:10; y=x.^2;
octave:2> plot(x,y,);
octave:3> grid on
octave:4> graphics_toolkit
ans = fltk

It plotted perfectly the first time in its own viewport.

Thank you, Mike, for helping me fix this.     Next I will see if any of my
other applications fail
during the next week.

The Live DVD linux distribution I tried last night (on the same 64-bit
machine, yes) was
solydk 64-bit version released July 7, 2017.    Free download from
https://solydxk.com/