Re: QT - undefined reference to feval

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: QT - undefined reference to feval
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:25:58 -0700

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 00:16:22 -0700, alexegin wrote:
> Hi all.I am trying to run an  example from Octave docs
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html>
> using Qt Creator on Windows. Here is .pro file:
[…]
> But I have the following errors from compiler:
>
> undefined reference to feval(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits&lt;char>, std::allocator > const&, octave_value_list const&,
> int)
> undefined reference to Array<std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char,
> std::char_traits&lt;char>, std::allocator > >::nil_rep()
> undefined reference to Array<std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char,
> std::char_traits&lt;char>, std::allocator > >::resize_fill_value() const
> undefined reference to Array<std::__cxx11::basic_string&lt;char,
> std::char_traits&lt;char>, std::allocator > >::resize_fill_value() const
>
> But when I Ctrl+Click on feval function in Qt Creator - it opens the
> appropriate file. I also can use mkoctfile from Octave GUI - it runs without
> any problem. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much in advance.

Can you build your project using the gcc compiler that is supplied with
Octave?

I can only guess, but this looks like a typical error due to C++ ABI
changes in gcc version 5.1. It's possible that recent versions of Qt
Creator come with MinGW gcc 5 or 6 that use the new ABI.

If that's the case, you can force gcc to use the old ABI when compiling,
see https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dual_abi.html

--
mike