Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and dif

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and diff
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:30:12 -0400

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM, je suis <address@hidden> wrote:
Is it a problem if I ask what the intermediate results of the Matlab
script are? Not the way they are implemented, just the results. I'm
guessing they must use some similar way in order to derive the q, Q
and b vectors, and I begin to suspect there are checks, or ways to
circumvent Ci(x) or cos(x)/x that may give different results compared
to what I do. I know my results are not exactly as they should, the
derivative of the FFT clearly shows that, but I have to eliminate this
thought, at least.

Is this a reasonable request? Could this infringe some copyrights or
similar? If yes, then, well, so be it, I'll poke my way out of it if I
have to but, again, I am not interested in the formulas, just the
numerical results.

Vlad

nobody contributing any input to your code should be peeking in any way at their code. that itself could be grounds for discontinuing any plan to make your code part of octave.  Getting the intermediate results you're asking for would require that, I think.

If their code provided intermediate or 'verbose' output, that would be fine, but I don't think it does that (i'm not intimately familiar with the function or underlying math, so I could be wrong, anyone knowing otherwise please correct me.)

Nick J