Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and dif

From: je suis
Subject: Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and diff
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 20:39:28 +0000

I'm sorry for the spam, I may have found the solution to the 1/f^2
weighting:
https://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions/41044/1-f2-weighting-for-least-squares-fir
(see the last comment).

I can't verify now (tired, late), but it also looks like it can be
extended to regular filters, too, as it would become cos(nw)/w^2,
which results in the last part of the question in the link, or,
according to Wolfram, integrates to
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=integrate(cos(n*w)%2Fw%5E2,w) .

The question is: is it worth doing it for filters? If yes, it would be
nice to know Octave does extra stuff than Matlab. :-) Still,
sine/cosine integrals do not come cheap in terms of computation, so
will all this be worth it? Does anyone use this sort of weighting, or
is it just a whim?

Vlad