Re: Error installing the symbol package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Error installing the symbol package
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 22:15:36 -0700

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 21:23:56 -0700, Colin Macdonald wrote:
> I noticed that the bug report that Mike linked suggests using the
> symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.x.y.zip package avoids this issue.

I thought it said the opposite, that the bundle hit the same issue. The
problem is the pkg installation stage that runs makeinfo. So unpacking
the package directy and setting the path manually would avoid that, but
any "pkg install" command always runs makeinfo.

An updated Octave binary for Windows should either have this Perl module
patched or provide a newer Perl to fix it.

--
mike